20 March 2015

Dr. Karen Halnon, civil disobedience and FBI/TSA torturers

I don't know how many of you still remember the heady years of (relative) freedom, when a free man and woman were allowed to light up on board a plane. There is a ray of light in the darkness of the anti-smoking repressive world, and the ray is named professor Karen Halnon. Who knows, we may yet see the day when the chains of subjugation are destroyed.

Here is what this courageous woman has done:



And she didn't just make a strike for the smokers, no, she produced a devastating broadside against the imperialism in general:



Here is a summary of what the learned professor taught the public on this flight (and after it):

  • The United States has declared war on Venezuela
  • The United States has previously owned the oil in Venezuela
  • But Hugo Chavez nationalized the oil
  • The United States has declared Venezuela an enemy of United States
  • All of the above was part of a necessary act of civil disobedience
  • They [US] tried to take out Hugo with a coup, and then they took him out with cancer
  • Fidel agrees with Dr. Karen Halnon on all these points
  • The problem is U.S. military global domination. And they want the oil. And they want the water. (Not sure Fidel agrees with this, it was added afterward)
  • Smoking on the plane was an act of identification with the revolutionary cause (I don't know what Fidel thinks about it, Dr. Halnon doesn't clarify, but I am totally with her on this point)
But of course a real revolutionary must suffer for his/her beliefs and acts of courage. And the repressive imperialist powers did cause a lot of suffering to Dr. Halnon. Here I just have to quote her verbatim:
The FBI and TSA tortured me. My voice generally doesn't sound like this. I was put in a room with two fans in the ceiling, it was freezing cold for hours and hours and hours. I asked repeatedly to go to the bathroom. They made me wet my pants. They humiliated me. And then to make matters worse, I have a stomach condition. Everything that comes in goes out. I've been like that for months since I left Cuba. I've lost over 30 pounds. And I was yelling that I had to go to the bathroom. But they ignored me, and I defecated on the floor. And they made me pick it up and laughed at me.
That post-Cuba stomach condition: I wonder whether it is CIA in cahoots with revisionist Raul C. who caused it?

The truth will out...

Hat tip: T.P.

0 comments: