27 December 2013

Abu Musaab Wajdi Akkari: Saying 'Merry Christmas' Is Worse Than Fornication, Alcohol, Or Killing Someone

Abu Musaab Wajdi Akkari, a Lebanese Muslim cleric, has a pretty strong opinion on that point:



I have me a revolutionary idea: why don't we put this statement to test and try out all four of the mentioned sins for a period of, say, a year or so.

Since I am not of Mohammedan faith, nor any else, for that matter, I offer myself as a non-denominational volunteer tester. Any objections? No, I knew there wouldn't be.

So, to start with: Merry Christmas, everyone!

So far so good. OK, I am off to proceed with the other three sins, in the order of appearance. I will be at it for a while, so be patient.

P.S. Could I get a grant for the research-related expenses? Macca, Tehran, Vatican, Jerusalem - what say?

0 comments: