22 February 2013

George Galloway, MP, shows just how unpleasant he really is

A minor matter, but one that I couldn't resist (it may demonstrate that, despite my chronologically mature years, I haven't really grown up), from the same issue of The Commentator: the decidedly unpleasant George Galloway walks out of a debate with a student, because that student is an Israeli.



Please take time to read the fairly brief article. but do watch the short video clip, then read the rest of the article. You will notice that the organiser of the debate, who has a decidedly Arabic sounding name, claims that at no time was Galloway misled, in that the nationality of his debating opponent never came up during the organising of the debate (while, presumably, his name does). Note also the decidedly disbelieving response (towards Galloway) of the Oxford students. Go, Oxford, go!

Until now, I've always stated that I didn't believe that Galloway was antisemitic. Unpleasant, yes, and the holder of views that I find decidedly unpleasant (his privilege, however repellent to me). Following this (he says that "I don't recognise Israel", although I don't think he has this option: a member in good standing of the UN can't be "not recognised" - a different debate, maybe), I'm beginning to reconsider my stance on him.

The link's up there: judge for yourselves.

By: Brian Goldfarb   

5 comments:

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Shaun, how polite you are. But then, you're respecting the sensibilities of us delicate readers of "simply jews".

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Following Galloway's latest blather is a form of self-flagellation. I have better things to do.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Well, sometimes it's entertaining.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Yesterday's (Saturday, 23 February, by my timeiine), there's an interesting brief comment article by the student Galloway walked out on. It's behind a pay wall, but if you can get hold of it, it's worth a read. He's an Israeli with dual nationality and a British passport. Not, as he notes, that this will make any difference to the repellent views of Galloway.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

A repellent character with repellent views serving repelling goals. Makes sense.