21 August 2011

Does British Labour need a new candidate for London Mayor?

And all these other rhetorical questions like the Pope pooping in the woods, Cinderella eating a pumpkin pie etc... Anyway, there is a good selection of references in that article in Engage.

The only detail I would like to draw your attention to is that quote from Red Ken:

It’s a simple choice between good and evil – I don’t think it’s been so clear since the great struggle between Churchill and Hitler.
This re his next year’s battle against Boris Johnson for Mayor.

I know that Red Ken isn't and will never be even a flea on the tail of Churchill's dog (if the old man had a dog - I'm not sure) and Red Ken knows it. But why does he want to imagine himself as the other one?

Beats me.

10 comments:

Pisa said...

We're talking about the British Labour, so it's a simple choice between stupid and evil.

"But why does he want to imagine himself as the other one?"
I bet his greatest regret is to have been born too late in the wrong place.

jams o donnell said...

<span>I've never liked Livingstone, not since he deposed Andre Mackintosh to take the leadership of th GLC back in 81.  
 
To be fair to him he did  rise to the occasion after 7/7.  
 
I don't think he should be back as Mayor though. There has to be a better alternative to that idiot Johnson</span>

As for Pisa's views on Lbour I say Rubbish!

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Who is the stupid ones and who are the evil ones in the story, Pisa?

I wouldn't color the whole Labor and/or the whole Tories by one color. Livingstone, on the other hand, is a creep indeed.

jams o donnell said...

Livingstone is pretty much Thatcher's cretion. Had shenot abolished the GLC and the other mtropolitan counties in 1985 thenhe would have slunk into obscurity before the 90s started.

Pisa said...

GB is home to some of the most radicalized religious/political groups in Europe. Their Universities are hotbeds of terrorists. I don't have the time or the mood to google for proof, but I'm sure you don't need any. To bring such a powerful developped country down to such a level of subculture, the ruling elites must be either stupid or evil, or both. Tony Blair is the exception that confirms the norm.

Pisa said...

I don't live in GB. I admit being very biased against british politicians. There might be politicians who actually do something good for their country once in a while, but what I see from my corner of the world is a society slowly losing its moral compass. See my answer to Snoopy below.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

There is still time for him to slink into obscurity, I hope.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

All that may be true, but there is a spine to this country still. I hope it will show itself one day.

Dick Stanley said...

Gee, I think the only important question for London these days is "When do the riots begin?"

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Well, not the only one, but this one is important too.