09 July 2011

9 lives? Pfui...

This one is a real gem: I mean, talk about cats that supposedly get 9 lives to spend, and here comes a man:

Melvin Roberts of South Carolina has been struck by lightning an unbelievable six times.

He believes that his record with lightning is connected to his record with marriage: "I've married five time and I've been hit by lightning five times. But [his sixth wife] says this is the sixth time and I'm not leaving my wife, so I'm going to have to do something different."
Let's do the uncomplicated math right: five (or six) times struck by lightning and is currently on his sixth marriage. That makes it eleven or twelve lives already spent, depending on whose report you consider more reliable.

And I am not even counting the name - Melvin - that should be by rights considered as another two or three lives spent...

0 comments: