16 December 2010

Is Bradley Manning a hero?

Some people want to declare Bradley Manning a hero. I don't know, so I am just asking. And a few more questions regarding this move:

  • Will declaring Mr Manning a hero reduce his jail sentence?
  • Re the venue of this idea (Berkeley, CA): wouldn't it have been better to do the thing in Mexico and proceed to the status of saint immediately, instead of stopping at some measly "hero"?

And now I have a request to make. If we are going to recognize Bradley Manning as a hero:


I submit that Alfred E. Newman deserves no less:
Looking very much like Brad, Alfred E. Newman has done no less for peace, understanding and general happiness of humanity. So there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, i just want to say hello to the community

Dick Stanley said...

Separated at birth, obviously.

David All said...

I agree Dick. Bradley Manning and good old Alfred E. (who was my role model when I was a kid) are definitely related.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Right. Although, come to think of it, Alfred could be Brad's father. Or granddad.