Well, kind of.
It looks like:
Abuelazam is suspected in 20 18 stabbings (investigators have revised the number,) five of which were fatal. Most of the victims were black but there were Hispanic and white people stabbed as well.
Since most of the victims were black, law enforcement officials suspected the stabbings were related to race. But that, again, was just a theory. The police could produce a different theory now that they have a suspect.Meanwhile our local press wasn't asleep on the job, and dug up a few more details:
- The real name of the character is Elias Abu El-Azam.
- He comes from an Arab Christian family in the city of Ramle.
- He left Israel for US as a kid and visited Israel quite frequently.
- A few months ago he got into trouble in Israel (a fight with a friend) and left immediately.
- People who met him describe him as a huge man with an intimidating presence.
- His ex, Jessica, is in shock, was overwhelmed by the news.
- While in Ramle, he staid in his mother's house, didn't have a permanent employment, was supported by his mom and was frequently involved in fights.
- He has a considerable criminal record in US.
- Er... as far as I am concerned, the US authorities are welcome to keep him.
Are you surprised that the suspect is an Israeli and not some idiot from a hate group that thinks they’re better than everyone else?I would answer by another question (as Jooish tradition prescribes): why, can't an Israeli be an idiot from a hate group?