11 March 2010

BBC and Guardian: a stinky brew

In Israel they murder each other a great deal. The Israeli Defence Forces murder people because they don’t like their political style and what they’ve got to say and it only means that people more extreme come in and take their place…
This quote belongs to one Michael White, Guardian’s Political Editor. This is a part of an interview given to BBC Radio London. The linked article deals with the whole story, I have chosen to focus on the quote.

Since, I, you know, like couldn't kinda get my head around it. I mean, why do people get their knickers twisted about that darn quote? After all, we do murder each other somewhat plentiful. I am, personally, in the habit of doing one or two folks I encounter on the way to the grocery in the morning, in my flip-flops and sleepy. Just, you know, to warm up before breakfast.

As for rubbing out some of them characters whose political style I don't appreciate: sure thing. I mean, you see somebody with that shifty look of a person whose political style is off - what should you do but put some lead in his self? Ain't it natural, like, when a person needs killing?

Not that I am going to listen what they have to say, are you with me so far? Why should I? Here that Michael bloke got it seriously wrong. I be talking with him about that, up close an personal like...

Well, ladies and gentlemen, I hope that by now you see that I can also talk like a retard with the best of them. So why ain't I a Political Editor at that Guardian place yet?

5 comments:

jams o donnell said...

Hmmm he's usually quite amusing. I am disappointed (to say the least) to hear him come out with that.

doing one or two folks on the way to the grocery? I wish I had your stamina!

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Yeah, well, before I had a coffee in me I don't like people saying good morning or how are you...

Dick Stanley said...

Don't these Brit editors have anything better to talk about? Surely they have some problems in their own backyards?

BTW, this comment system of yours is driving me seriously nuts. Half the time I can't get it to work.

David All said...

Hmm, could be a simple mistake of geography and spelling; White mistook Israel for Italy, which comes after Israel in the alphabet and is in the Mediterran like Israel. It is a mistake that happens all the time on a personal level as I well know.  

In the inmortal words of that Great American, Bugs Bunny:
"What a Maroon!"

PS: Snoopy, Dick, the comments system here is now working most of the time for me. It is the comments system at Hurry Up Harry that is currently driving me crazy! 

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Good to hear that this JS-Kit thing finally started getting in shape.

Re HP - I wouldnt' know, rarely comment there.