26 April 2009

Spring Tunes or clobbered by a tag

The New Centrist, may his days be happy, his future bright and his times not too interesting, hit me on the noggin with a tag. Usually I would do my best to skip that opportunity, but the spring is indeed here, so, being overcome by mellowness, I've decided to succumb. On one condition: that TNC listens through all of them (especially the first one).

Here are the strings attached to the tag:

List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your spring. Post these instructions in your blog along with your 7 songs. Then tag 7 other people to see what they’re listening to.
So here. First a warning: you are to be submitted to a world of a) an audio-challenged person and b) with no gumption to follow the recent developments in music.
First of all, for the first two hours or so of almost each day I enjoy (oh well...) the tune that my PDA uses to wake me up. Of course, I am the person who has chosen it initially, but it seems unfair now to blame myself for what is obviously a diabolical invention of a robot:



The above keeps me at adrenaline level sufficient to get to the kitchen and get the coffee going and then some. Pure evil, I have to say.



Since we are in the spring, this spring-specific subject becomes rather acute here. That song has a staying power equal to that of the animal it rants about. And here is a classical rendition of the same one.

Speaking of the staying power, here is another one:



Go figure... And since it's all about staying power, here you go:



Another one with excellent haunting qualities: Who is Baying in The Wind? by Rona Kenan:



But I guess if you don't dig the language, most of the haunting is gone from it...



That was quite an old star performance. For some inexplicable reason the melody crops up at least once a week in my inner repertoire.

And now the last, but not the least: one of the most persuasive arguments for health advantages of sauna I have ever seen. No embedding, sorry to say.

OK, now to the list of my victims: Akaky, Scribbles, Miriam, Dick (you shouldn't have asked that question), Edward, CGH, Mick. Get to it.

0 comments: