14 January 2008

How to Win Friends and Influence People

This is only a part of the headline (they told me not to make them too long). The other part is:

Or lying through your teeth about power shortages in Gaza

The story by Barry Rubin of Gloria Center has all the elements of journalistic expose and I do not intend to steal his thunder here. Go and read it. I shall just tell you that I have taken the sentence of that lying SOB he points to:

Yesterday, Kanan Obeid, chairman of Gaza's Hamas-run energy authority, said Gaza now has only 35 percent of the power its 1.5 million residents need.
I run it through Google, and just to give you the taster of the agencies that run the article:
  • MSNBC
  • Ha'aretz
  • Philadelphia Inquirer
  • CBS news
  • Boston Herald
  • China Post
  • Etc. (the above results are from one page only, so...)
Read the expose and see the stinking lie for what it is.

Cross-posted on Yourish.com.

0 comments: