23 April 2006

Petition: Gaza shelling illegal

Ynet article says so. Attorney Michael Sfarad says so. Six Israeli and Palestinian human rights groups say so. So it must be true, isn't it?

You know what: if a French artillery unit was lobbing shells at, say, an Italian village over the border with France just for fun, I would agree wholeheartedly.

I would say even more: if a bloodthirsty Israeli general suddenly decided to rocket Amman (that's in Jordan, for those who forgot), I would agree that this general must either go on trial or have his brain examined.

As for the case of our Gazan cousins: you see, there is one crucial detail the article doesn't mention. It is that since disengagement, which I have always supported, the cousins launched a bit less than 600 Qassam rockets at us.

In my book it is a war, with all the consequences of one. Especially when the rockets are launched from the populated areas, which is of course done on purpose - just to put IDF in a "damned if you do and damned if you don't" situation.

Nah. I am afraid this petition is a no brainer. Too bad.

Cross-posted on Yourish.com

0 comments: